Productivity. In My own life being productive boiled down to 2 things having a huge goal and having the passion to want to pursue it. For me it wasn’t necessarily doing a lot of things at the same time, it was being super focused on the right things consistently. Trust me being more productive on a daily basis releases tension, stress and fosters a healthier lifestyle and better relationships.
Being Productive provides 3 attributes:
1. Economic growth- making more money is directly tied to how productive you are, more money is just a byproduct in our business of doing the right things consistently.
2. Confidence- when people feel good about themselves they do good for themselves and others. Confidence is a key ingredient to the success of your business.
3. Value- Being productive brings incredible value to not just the area you are focused on , but just as well as the other areas in your life; health, personal, relationships etc.
“Productivity is never an accident, it is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning and focused effort. “ – Paul Meyer
Have a Productive Year,
While having a conversation with my wife, my son runs into the room to share some big news he heard, he goes dad I have a quote for you, “if there is no tomorrow, you must live extra big today!” I say, wow that’s profound, where did you hear that from, response the Great King Julian. After a second to ponder who this King Julian was , I ask “who is that?” From Madagascar!! After laughter and making a shorter story we talked about that quote and some good points came out of it.
Benefits of Living Bigger Today:
More Peace- If tomorrow doesn’t exist breathe deep and take the pressure off.
More Joy – Your interaction with others are represented by happiness and joy.
More Confidence- Stress of tomorrow spreads your confidence in today thin, focus on the tasks and interactions of the day.
Key areas to Live Bigger:
Relationships- Maximize the use and time of your relationships, who would you forgive, confront or encourage today?
Goals - are there any today you can attain or scratch off your list and would you envision a bigger tomorrow if granted one?
Commitments – The time is now to be a person of your word, let your yes be yes and your no be no. Be loyal to your cause and loyal to those involved in it with you.
“If there is no tomorrow, you must live extra big today!”- King Julian
Livie Big Today,
Adding Extreme Value
Setting ourselves apart by Adding Extreme Value-
Some Collaborative Thoughts Today- 5 Keys to adding great value.
Be responsive in your work-
1. Be generous with your communication with your relationships/clients. This shows credibility
2. Be responsible with your client, ask questions to give yourself the ability to respond intelligently.
Offer a world class Customer Experience-
1. Listen to your customer/relationship
2. Ask questions beyond task orientation
3. Make working with you, like no other experience
Under promise and over deliver-
1. Deliver according to expectations set/Execute
2. Be the go to for their staffing business needs.
3. Be consistent despite the size and scope of your client, or how much others can give you.
Build an invaluable relationship –
1. People do business and build long term relationships with those they know, like or trust.
2. Relationship will most likely trump cost, keep the relationship tight.
3. Go deeper with your client or relationship.
Be growth oriented-
1. Learn your business and master your craft. Applied Knowledge is power.
2. Educate your client periodically on trends or obstacles/opportunities for Locums
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.- Albert Einstein
EVERYone is a 10 somewhere
“Success is achieved by developing our strengths, not by eliminating our weaknesses.”- Marilyn vos Savant
Mr. Summer my 5th grade teacher was the best teacher ever! Mr. Summer was unique because he was very creative, he would bring a smile to your face and entertain you with his guitar. One day while teaching, Mr. Summer turned to the class and as if he was speaking to me directly he said that “you can become great if you chose to be.” And the cool thing is that I believed him and continue to believe in his words today.
When you see a 10 in everyone here are things that happen:
1. You will get there best effort.
2. You are easier to approach.
3. They will know you have their best interest in mind.
4. You will be able to see them learn more from you.
How to see a 10 in everyone:
1. See others as who they can become not as they are.
2. Let them borrow your belief in them at times.
3. Realize the “10” has many definitions.
-people can’t be strong in every area, but they are a 10 somewhere, “draw it out.”
1. Build people up, encourage them.
2. Give people credit, acknowledge them
3. Give people recognition by showing gratitude
I see a 10 in you & have a great week!
We Need Recognition.
Imagine playing in a football game , packed to the rafters full of fans. The game starts and kick off happens, you are standing on the 2 yard. Line to receive the kick as the ball floats through the air. You catch the ball and your blockers are in front of you, you dodge one tackle then another, cut to your left and then sprint 98 yards. As you reach the goal line you dive into the end zone to make a statement. Just as you begin your celebration, you expect to hear the crowd roar and your teammates to surround you, but all you get is nothing. No crowd cheering, and as you watch your teammates they have casually walked to the sideline as if you did something wrong or nothing at all.
Mario Fernandez said it best, “The Human spirit is nurtured by praise, as much as a seedling is nurtured by the soil, the water, and the sun.”
3 Keys to keep in mind for Recognition:
1. Make Recognition Authentic-
There is a fine line between too much recognition and not enough recognition. The seedling if given too much water will drown out, and too much sun will burn out. Follow your instinct as to how much and when you should give recognition. In the beginning more recognition is needed as the person grows , less is needed as they mature.
2. Make Recognition Personable-
The details of the cause for recognition is a connection to the heart, it means that you care. Being married almost 15 years, I know better to not just tell my wife she looks great, I must be specific or else! (Hahaha) Remember to be specific.
3. Make Recognition Public-
If at all possible, give recognition in public in front of others. People value being validated and made credible to others. Don’t make it awkward, just sincere!
“A kind word is worth its weight in gold and will outlast the moment it is given.”- Milton Herring
Milton is genuine, persistent, and sincere. There are very few things that detract Milton from his pursuit of what he believes in. His attitude is fantastic and professionalism top notch. -
International speaker, creator of Maximizing Moments with Milton and the Author of Your Purpose, Your App -How to Stop Drifting and Start Living.