Pulling up in a fast food drive thru- (don’t hate me those that can’t stand it, bear with me). The last time I went through a drive thru I was asked after ordering a sandwich if I wanted to make that a value meal? I quickly said no, because all I wanted was a sandwich and a water (counting calories here). But the question stuck with me for a bit, because I have changed my outlook on food and working to become more healthy fit and extend my quality of life. So to me at this point in life this value meal is not value, because of what happens in my body after consuming a large fry and a large drink with the sandwich. I am not condemning , just pointing out my life.
So, the value add concept , what does it come down to in our personal lives and how do we bring it, give it, handle it. This word “Value” will be an ever increasing topic but allow me to share some points on how to right now add the value we seek.
Be Responsive In Your Work-
1. Be generous with your communication with your relationships. This shows credibility
2. Be responsible with your yourself, your mission in life and most importantly ask good questions to give yourself the ability to respond intelligently.
Offer A World Class Experience-
1. Listen to those in your relationships
2. Ask questions beyond task orientation
3. Make being with you, like no other experience
Under Promise And Over Deliver-
1. Deliver according to expectations set/Execute
2. Be the go to for what you know best.
3. Be consistent with everyone in relation to you, or no matter how much others can give you.
Build An Invaluable Relationship –
1. People do business and build long term relationships with those they know, like or trust.
2. Relationship will most likely trump trials and troubles, keep the relationship tight.
3. Go deeper with your relationship. Ask more insightful questions of others.
Be Growth Oriented-
1. Learn your skills and talents and master your craft. Applied Knowledge is power.
2. Teach others what you know
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.- Albert Einstein
Hope this blesses you today-Coach Milton
Milton is genuine, persistent, and sincere. There are very few things that detract Milton from his pursuit of what he believes in. His attitude is fantastic and professionalism top notch. -
International speaker, creator of Maximizing Moments with Milton and the Author of Your Purpose, Your App -How to Stop Drifting and Start Living.